Thursday, January 19, 2012

Playing Catch Up...



Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute on a blustery winter day...


So, my last post was October of 2009.  Things were looking good and I neglected to keep this blog updated simply because I'd been feeling wonderful and really didn't have anything to write about.  I did have an appointment with my oncologist at Hershey in December 2010 complete with a PET/CT and blood work, and everything looked great.  Cancer is stable!  Doc gave me the OK to pursue my marathon training, which I did with gusto.

I might add that the oncologist that I had been seeing, Dr. J., is no longer my doc.  The clinic where he worked mysteriously closed up and moved away or went out of business....so I transferred all my files and info to the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, where I'd been seen in 1996 when my lymphoma journey actually began.  I feel comfortable here, though it's a 1.5 hour (60+ mile) drive for us.


Here I sit in a massive chair getting ready for the PET/CT...I felt like a little kid in that chair!

 I saw my oncologist once again in June of 2011, and my blood work looked good.  He wanted me to have another PET/CT at that time, but I declined....why?!  I'd just had one in December!  I left the appointment feeling good....I'd run a half marathon (13.1 miles) in April, and a  full 26.2 marathon in May, plus several shorter races and was actually winning my age group!  Life is good!  What can go wrong?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Cameron, but Deb passed away at the beginning of December. Very sad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear. May we inquire what happened?

    ReplyDelete