Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reality Check

Some days I find it hard to believe that I'm "sick"...my energy levels are right up there, I feel great, as I've mentioned in other posts. In the back of my mind I find myself thinking things like, "I'm not really sick, the docs must have made some kind of mistake".

But, the grim reality of it all sets in when yet another needle goes into a vein for some more testing. I had blood work done on Friday (May 1), and my second PET scan was performed at 8:00 a.m. yesterday. The test itself is no big deal, but it IS creepy thinking that something radioactive is being injected into my body. I'm not sure I like that.

I'll know the results of both tests when I visit my oncologist, Dr. J. in a couple weeks.

I just got word today that an acquaintance in California has taken a turn for the worse and basically has been sent home from the hospital to die. He was diagnosed with melanoma last year, and things just got progressively worse at a rapid rate. We on the Turbo! mailing list refer to him as "Uncle Bob". He'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. deb, your blog popped up in my google alert for "follicular lymphoma" - looking at it, i said, "hey i know that person" ;) way to go sharing your experience/info which can benefit others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binzee! Glad you stopped by! I need to update badly...too busy!

    ReplyDelete